Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: American Girl employees, please read

  1. #1
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dear American Girl,

    Please, please, please design more historical outfits for Kaya!

    I just got Kaya for Christmas, and it's very difficult to have only 2 historical outfits for her to wear. A lot of the playability of dolls is having outfits to change her into and out of, and with only 2 outfits that really fit who she is in the stories, she has limited playability. The modern outfits don't appeal to me, because they don't fit with any of Kaya's books or stories. So could you please make her a couple more outfits that fit into her time period? There are a couple more in her books' illustrations that you could use.

    Maybe if you made an "American Girl" movie about Kaya, and a couple more outfits, you could improve the sales of the Kaya line.

    Sincerely,
    Joy

  2. #2
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know if any AG employees will actually read this, and I do acknowledge that it's probably much more effective to write to them by mail, but if anyone else wants to add an appeal to AG on this thread, please feel free to do so.
    Joy

  3. #3
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Josefina also needs some new outfits! Her collection is LACKING compared to the other AG's!!!! She is such a pretty doll, she NEEDS MORE OUTFITS!!!! PLEASE! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    I want the scenes and settings back!

    I don't care if they are brought back in poster form, in fold out game board style form, or original form.

    I just want them back!

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Definitely write directly to AG! They will get your message and read it. A while back I found an error in a book; they not only read it, but forwarded it on to someone who took immediate action and was very nice and helpful! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] They really care about you and your opinions.

    Others have mentioned here, however, how Kaya would have had very, very few clothes. It could be her collection is that way to be historically accurate. Another company that has done something similar is Life of Faith. They have a doll named Laylie who was a slave in her book. She has only one dress, and it was one given to her by her friend Millie. So it might be just so they can be accurate. I think that's why they're bringing out modern clothes for Kaya, so she has more to wear. Remember they worked in conjunction with the Nez Perce People, who might have stipulated what could be in Kaya's collection.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Molly92's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2005
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kaya only has a few items because Native Americans of that time did not have many clothes and so that is why American Girl isn't making anymore clothes. This would especially be the case with children in the tribe because they would not be as decorated reflecting the skills they give to their tribe. I asked this same question when the doll first came out about whether this was just the first half of her collection and they said Kaya would not be getting many more clothes. They said she would only be getting one or two more. I know Native Americans had only what they needed, it was not like the Europeans who used clothing for fashion. Although Native Americans did use special clothing for special ceramonies.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kymmy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2003
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello AG

    Just a quick reminder that poor Kirsten is feeling quite neglected as of late. PLEASE have someone write a Kirsten Mystery. Samantha now has two and Kirsten doesn't have one.

    She would also LOVE a movie [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have heard the theory before that Kaya has no more historical outfits because that makes her line more historically accurate. I don't buy that theory--unless having only 2 outfits was specifically listed in a contract with the Nez Perce tribe.

    I don't buy that theory, because I don't believe that Felicity or Josefina or Kirsten or Addy or Molly would have had in real life as many clothes as their line has either--and yet they do. In that respect, AG/PC has been willing to sacrifice some accuracy for the sake of playability. Why pick on Kaya and limit her wardrobe "for the sake of historical accuracy", and not the others?

    Unless they signed a contract specifically agreeing to no more than 2 historical outfits for Kaya, I think that that is just a cop-out, if historical accuracy is what they claim for a reason.
    Joy

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, I always think that about Addy--what beautiful dresses she has. Yes, her mom was a seamstress, but in her first book, all she had was the Meet dress and had to wear it every day. I don't imagine she would have many more than that all of a sudden.

    And I would think that they would realize (AG) that limiting Kaya's collection will also limit her overall sales and likeability in the long run.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also, when the Kaya paper dolls were created, Kaya had a "Traditional Dance outfit" which looks similar to the current dance outfit which is apparently more modern than the historical version that the paper doll has--correct me if I'm wrong.
    Joy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •